Those who first encountered the need to translate personal or business documents usually wonder, “Can I translate it yourself? Where to make a translation?”
Self-translation of documents, websites or any other materials is not the best option. We’ll tell it a little later. It is better to turn to professionals who will help you to translate the text correctly, taking into account every subtle aspect. To do this, just enter the search query “translation agency in Kyiv” into Google or immediately contact Pereklad.ua.
Can I translate the text myself?
Many people know 1-2 languages quite well, use them for everyday communication, work and travel. This level lets you understand the essence of most of the documents, place an order in a foreign store or find the necessary information on the Internet in the source language.
It would seem that you can apply your knowledge of the language in any business, but you should not make translations of important documents yourself. Why?
- You may not understand a few words, which will change the meaning of the entire text.
- Using machine translation, you may not notice errors, and the translation as a whole will be “clumsy”.
- A number of texts should only be translated by a professional. For example, a notary will not certify a translation made by a non-professional.
Remember that any mistakes can be fatal. Poor translation has a bad effect on a business company image, legal documents translated with errors will either not be accepted or result in the data mess.
Translator or mother-tongue speaker?
It seems that a language speaker is the perfect person to competently translate any material. He knows the language perfectly, as his native one, and the second – at a high level. However, even in such a situation, it is undesirable to ask a mother-tongue speaker for the translation.
- A native speaker has no theoretical knowledge of translation. A professional knows all the nuances of language norms, is able to work with texts from different fields of knowledge and areas of human activity.
- Lack of experience. A professional translator will never allow a free interpretation, will perform the work thoroughly, making the exact translation of every single moment in the document.
- Lack of communication skills between the two languages. This is especially true for narrow-profile translation. It is difficult for an ordinary person to find corresponding terms of one language and their translation in another.
- A mother-tongue speaker will not be able to give reasons for their work. Sometimes there may be misunderstandings with the receiving party, for example, about the meaning of a particular term.
Translation agency: advantages
Only a professional translator will make the translation effective and proficient. The specialist has a specialized education, and sometimes even several ones, which helps to work in narrow niches. For example, translation of medical texts.
More than one person works in the translation agency, so your text will be translated in a short time in compliance with all the rules. Several specialists work on one document, which improves the quality of the service: translator, proof-reader, and editor.
If you choose an agency, you are sure to receive a high-quality translation, regardless of any circumstances.
In our work, Pereklad.ua company uses specialized software, establishes glossaries for each project, and uses the already completed translations (when the client handles a large amount of information). These are all additional costs that one person cannot handle.
The team employs qualified translators, including language speakers with professional education. Specialists with many years of experience work with complex projects. All of the above is a quality guarantee for our clients.