Employment permit: nuances of formalization
Employment permit may be issued in the Employment Centre of the district where the company employing a foreigner is registered. Employment permit entitles foreigners to be officially employed in Ukraine with further obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
The person may formalize an employment permit by him-/herself, but this procedure requires special knowledge of the law nuances. For fast issuance (without waiting) of the employment permit in Kyiv we recommend to rely on PEREKLAD Translation Agency.
For a new employment permit issuance, you should provide the following documents:
- The appropriate application;
- Notarized translation of the foreigner’s passport;
- Colour photograph sized 35x45 mm;
- Copy of the draft employment contract with a foreigner.
Upon confirmation the procedure requires a payment amount of which depends on the period of permit validity:
- For permits for the period up to 6 months it amounts to UAH 3 842;
- For permits for the period from 6 months to 1 year it amounts to UAH 7 684;
- For permits for the period from 1 year to 3 years it amounts to UAH 11 526
We may formalize a permit for official employment for you in the shortest possible term.
Categories of foreigners in obtaining employment permit
People without Ukrainian citizenship and who apply for employment may be divided into two categories: general and special one.
Special group includes:
- Foreign IT specialists;
- Foreign specialists with a salary up to UAH 208 650;
- Foreign individuals being beneficiaries, founders and participants of the law firms established in Ukraine;
- Foreign artists;
- Foreigners who graduated from universities belonging to TOP 100 of the World University Rankings.
Foreigners who do not need an additional employment permit are the following:
- those who have a permanent residence permit in the country;
- those who were issued a permit to immigrate to Ukraine or who have a refugee status;
- those who arrived for providing international aid in the country;
- specialists of the emergency rescue services in emergency works;
- current employees of foreign embassies, consular agencies and other official services;
- journalists or other foreign mass media specialists being accredited in our country;
- airline employees, navy or river fleet members of another country;
- those who were invited for teaching or scientific work in the educational establishments and organizations of Ukraine;
- those who need protection and also are provided a temporary protection in our country;
- religious communities’ representatives who temporary arrived to Ukraine at the invitations of churches and other religious communities;
- sportsmen, actors and artists who arrived for carrying out their activities in Ukraine according to their profession.